0.5 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. R-3 Squared Edge Insulation Sheathing
Owens Corning FOAMULAR® HALF-INCH extruded polystyrene (XPS) insulation is a closed cell, moisture-resistant rigid foam board well suited to meet the need for thin rigid foam insulation sheathing. FOAMULAR® HALF-INCH XPS insulation is designed for residing applications and provides a fl at smooth surface for the installation of siding. It provides an R-value of 3.0, much higher than other residing underlayments, which maximizes and improves energy efficiency, especially in older homes. FOAMULAR® HALF-INCH XPS insulation offers superior resistance to moisture for long-term thermal performance and is easy to cut without the need for special tools. Strong, yet lightweight, 2′ x 8′ and 4′ x 8′ panels mean fast and easy installation with nails or staples for labor- saving efficiency. Used as sheathing over all exterior walls in wood or metal framing construction, FOAMULAR® Insulating Sheathing creates an effective insulating envelope over the entire structure.
• High R-value (R-5 per inch of product thickness) is better than wood fiber, plywood or ½ ” gypsum panels.
• Readily combines with blanket type insulation for greater R-value.
• Used in fi re-rated exterior wall assemblies for application in office buildings, schools, shopping centers and more.
• Available with tough film facers for added damage-resistance. • Easy to handle, cut and install without the difficulties of foil facing.
• Available in 4’ x 8’ or 4’ x 9’ sizes for faster installation and less labor. • Effectively impedes mildew, corrosion and rot.
• Meets building codes and standards.
• FOAMULAR® Insulating Sheathing is a component of Owens Corning’s PINK THERMAL WALL system.
• Used as sheathing over all exterior walls in wood or metal framing construction, FOAMULAR® Insulating Sheathing creates an effective insulating envelope over the entire structure.
Owens Corning’s FOAMULAR® extruded polystyrene insulation is an ENERGY STAR® qualified product.
Learn more about rigid insulation R values